I'd code it as an E/M (what ever level is supported by documentation) with a splint application code. AND I'd modify the E/M due to the splint application procedure. The fracture treatment code would be used when the ORIF was done, the definitive treatment(and the global period initiated at that time).
others might code it differently......
*nods in agreement with mbort - modifier 25 on the E/M (meant to put that before)*
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join