AAPC - Back to school

Thread: CPC exam coming up...SO nervous!

Exclamation CPC exam coming up...SO nervous!

AAPC: Back to School
    Hi everyone,
    I have my test coming up in about 3 weeks and I'm starting to get pretty nervous about how I will do. Just wanted to see if anyone else was this much of a wreck and how they made it through. HELP!!!

Milwaukee WI

Default Breathe!

If you have prepared as best you can then take a deep breath and try to relax.

The test is challenging but not impossible (or none of us would have passed).

Remember your guidelines. Pay attention to little things in the scenarios - established vs new, consult vs new, inpatient vs outpatient, ureter vs urethra, etc

Study the sequencing guidelines for dx coding.

Make sure you have your notes handwritten in your books ... NOT on Post-its, stapled or taped into your book. You CAN use Post-its to make TABS for the sections.

The Saturday BEFORE your test, take a drive out to the test site so that you're sure where you are going, and how long it will take you at that time of day/week. Will you need $ for parking? Will you need $ for vending machines?

The night before the test, organize your books, pencils, eraser, highlighter, ruler, bottle of water and snack. Have a good dinner and relax. Get a good night's sleep.

Good luck.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC