Depends on what I'm working with...
If I am digging thru an inpatient chart looking for my providers hand written notes it takes longer, yesterday I did 120 in about 4 hours.
If someone hands me the dictated notes and I don't do anything but audit/code, I tend to average about 45 per hour so that would be about 360 or so a day, if that is all I did.
I rarely spend a whole day doing E/M though. I have several providers in several different specialties so I am also doing surgery and other procedure coding, compliance audits, and education. I am not a production coder but when there is a back log of claims I do funtion in that capacity.
I audit/code based on 97 guidelines.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join