At wits end 99232/233 with 93010

Default At wits end 99232/233 with 93010
    Medical Coding Books

We are having an issue of not having our 93010 paid when done inpatient. We have tried adding mod 25 and still no luck.
    I believe I heard in an audio conference that payors are stating these are bundled into E/M. My manager wants to see this and of course I can't find anything. Does anybody have any info that may help me. I would GREATLY appreciate it.
    J9

Quote Originally Posted by sborpa View Post

We are having an issue of not having our 93010 paid when done inpatient. We have tried adding mod 25 and still no luck.
    I believe I heard in an audio conference that payors are stating these are bundled into E/M. My manager wants to see this and of course I can't find anything. Does anybody have any info that may help me. I would GREATLY appreciate it.
    I wonder if this is a new "bundling issue" at my last employer we would sometimes get rejections on 93010 because another physician was already pd, if my memory serves me correctly ins will only pay for 1 interp per admission and basically "whichever provider gets it in first" gets paid. Now I haven't billed for this service since May 08 so feel free to double check me.
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

3. Unhappy Does bundle into E/M
    I work for a payer and we do not pay for these either usually. This service does bundle into the E/M per CMS. not sure if there is any work around for this. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

thank you very much, I have spent so much time looking for something in writing, any chance you know where in CMS it may be located.
    J9