If the documentation supports the attempted pacemaker, temp pacemaker and implantation of a permanent pacemaker on the right side , yes you can bill for it. Bill the attempted pacemaker implant with modifer 53 and the second dx code should be: V64.3 procedure not carried out for other reasons. do not use this code as the primary dx.
Bill the permanent pacemaker with modifier 78 to indicate return to the OR for a related procedure during the post-op period.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join