Preventive codes are based on age group so I'm not sure what you mean by "what level is normal". Do you mean for selecting an E/M code? If so, you have to audit the chart note to be able to select the correct level of service, i.e. does the service meet or exceed each of the three key components.
Also, I'm wondering if the physicians are indicating to you that they want both a Preventive visit and an E/M visit for the DOS. As you may already know, this is allowed when all criteria are met for both services and by appending modifier -25 to the E/M code.
I think your instinct about going to them directly to find out what they are marking is right on the money. Maybe the don't know to use V codes for Preventive visits?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join