When it comes to Medicare patients, Medicare guidelines supersede any "coding product"...my opinion, of course. Direct your physician to this particular NCCI edit for the "70000" code section. Per CMS....(page 6)
"Many interventional procedures require contrast injections for localization and/or guidance. Unless there are CPT instructions directing the physician to report specific CPT codes for the localization or guidance, the localization or guidance is integral to the interventional procedure and is not separately reportable."
Select the "NCCI Policy Manual" link....open up chapter 9
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join