In my case, we operate in a hospital setting, so boots is given by the hospital and billed on the facilities side.
I have, in the past, given a brace to a patient during on their pre op visit and had them bring it on the day of surgery.
This was billed on the outpatient side.
That is, provided your Dr. has a DME number for the outpatient facility.
Has anyone else used this method for billing DME for operative patients?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join