I am not sure about the first part of your question (V codes) but as for the question about them being limited to using certain CPT codes they may be right. I was looking through a Medicare Local Coverage Determination (LCD) (you may want to goto the CMS website and look up the LCD that pertains to your area) and it says they would have to be authorized by the state stature to perform psychotherapy. It depends on your state but they may be able to perform psychotherapy being a non-physician as long as they are "authorized" (probably additional training/certification).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join