I suppose, if documented thoroughly, the modifier could be justified. Our Rehabilitation and Pain Mgmt physicians bill for these services. I can say that in the years I've overseen their coding, they haven't used this modifier. I know that many of our patient's are dealing with severe depression and suicidal tendencies...this could be one of those instances where modifier 22 could be justified for the difference in time. However, as stringent as carriers are today, I just can't see the reimbursement being that much more. If nothing else, due to the nature of the business, maybe the modifier could be for reporting purposes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join