Patient came in for mole removal. Pathology report came back actinic keratosis. So, I wanted to charge a 11402 with a 702.0 dx. For the first visit.
Patient came back 10 days later for what was originally scheduled as a suture removal, however, during the visit, the doctor documented the cc: as tooth ache and wrote the patient an rx for PCN. He also gave the patient the pathology results from teh lesion removal and evaluated the excision site.
For original visit global surgical period is 10 days. Would you charge an office visit for the second visit listed above, or include it in the global surgical package?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join