Mmmm, I never heard of imaging the coronary sinus unless it was during a procedure. In most cases, an EP would image it most commonly during an ICD or pacemaker implantation or ablation. In these cases it is considered "road mapping" and you cannot bill separately for it. In any case, to bill for imaging of the coronary sinus you need 2 codes. The first code is for catheter placement which depends on the approach, through the femoral, brachial, subclavian etc. The 2nd code is 75820-26. This is the only code that best describes the imaging of the coronary sinus.
I hope this has helped you.
Dee, CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join