This is an excellent question and I am hoping someone has a definitive answer.
My opinion is yes, they still need a chief complaint on each visit. Generally this can be pulled from the history piece of the note though, and doesnâ€™t need to be a separate entry in the note. I donâ€™t currently have any providers utilizing EMR on the inpatient side, although it is available to them, so I am interested in how others are handling this issue as well.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join