Since the code for moderate sedation is not an anesthesia code, you would not follow the same guidelines as anesthesia. The first moderate sedation code is basically stating "up to" the first 30 minutes. The additional code is also "up to" the next 15 minutes. And if it passed an additional 15 minutes, you would code it again. (ex: If it was an hour, 18 yr old pt, you would code 99144, 99145x2). I believe I am correct, unless anyone else would like to suggest otherwise.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join