Family practice saw a newborn baby in the hospital - what modifiers do i use to get the following services paid?
99232 for second day? (baby was born day before and coded a 99222 for that date) then babys health got worse so is there something different for getting a really ill baby ready for transport to another facility.
He also did 31500 insertion of emergency airway and 32422 thoracentesis w/tube insertion. After these services baby was transported by life flight to a childrens hospital.
What codes are acceptable for critical care of a newborn for Family Practice?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join