The recommendation is CPT code 22851 for these type of devices. Even though there are screws that are placed into the endplates, there is not any anterior work or a separate construct, so it is not recommended to use CPT code 22845. The North American Spine Society (NASS) has the same recommendation. I have an article that I can fax or email to you...if you're interested.
**I just noticed your email address...emailing you now**
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join