Ok...here's my take.
Typically, Neurosurgeons provide the surgical access for 61558. 61558 does not require bone grafts, therefore, I could see why a co-surgeon isn't allowed. However, 61559 does require recontouring with bone grafts. 61159 does allow for assists/co-surgeons. In 61559, the neurosurgeon lifts off the cranium and the plastic surgeon performs the barrel-stave osteotomies and bone contouring. So...my question is...was 61559 the actual procedure performed?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join