I would be tempted to say high on this one. You have a chronic illness (laryngomalacia) with severe exacerbation (stridor, apnea, and emesis). Some may argue it is not severe but the fact that it could be life threatening to me qualifies as severe.
On the flip side though, you say that there is a detailed exam and detailed history so whatever code you are looking at will be limited to what is supported by detailed, whether it is a 2 of 3 or 3 of 3 code.
Just my take on it,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join