Care Plan Oversight codes/billing allows MD's to charge for the time spent overseeing patients residing in home health care or hospice facilities. There are specific cpt and hcpcs codes for these services (depending on payor) and as you may know, the codes are time-driven meaning that MD's are paid for the "total time spent" providing review of charts, preparing treatment plans, phoning prescriptions, etc. MD's are reimbursed for a total of 30 minutes spent a month so keeping track of each task is crucial in billing for these services. Also, there are Initial Certification and Re-Certification codes that can also be billed in CPO when orders are written up for the patients in these facilities.
Look up more in-depth info on Medicare's website - there is a wealth of coding/billing info there.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join