I know there are some carriers that don't follow the NCCI rule of thumb. However, I do find this to be a limited few. I compare this ideology to Medicare Global Guidelines versus CPT Global Guidelines...similar but vary slightly. Some carriers follow CPT, some follow Medicare. You'll find some carriers that follow NCCI edits and some develop their own edits. I am, however, VERY surprised that this question pertains to BCBS. In my opinion, they are the most stringent, manipulating carrier arround. I just have to wonder if this is a "system glitch". In any case...yes...you will find some carriers that deviate away from NCCI; although, I do think these carriers are the minority.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join