AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Please Help~Medicaid Modifier 90673

Arrow Please Help~Medicaid Modifier 90673

AAPC: Back to School
    Please help....I have looked everywhere, perhaps I'm just missing it.

Is there a modifier I can use when giving two seperate injections at different sites to get paid for both injections for a patient that has Medicaid insurance?

Public Aid does not accept more than one quantity for a CPT code nor does it accept a modifier. In our practice, we bill with the vaccine code and the unlisted code (in this case CPT 90749 - Unlisted Vaccine/toxoid) and add a description of the procedure. eg. one addtional ______vaccine. Hope this helps.

I should have specified....the injections aren't immunizations, they are therapeautic. What should I do in this case?

Does your state Medicaid plan have their manual on their website? If so, does it provide a list of acceptable modifiers? I know for Medi-cal (in Calif) modifier 59 is only acceptable on one CPT code. A chart of billable modifiers is provided.

Good luck!

Default Injections

Cristy, are you referencing CPT 96372? I would bill one unit on one line with the diagnosis of one injection and one unit on another line with the 59 modifier and the diagnosis of the other injection.

Does that help?
    Pam Tienter, CPC, COC, CPC-P, CCS-P, CPMA, CPC-I
    AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
    AAPC National ICD-10-CM Trainer

Similar Threads

1. Modifier 53 with medicaid
    By rmooney1114 in forum Modifiers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 07:09 AM
  2. Medicaid ep modifier
    By chclark68@gmail.com in forum Modifiers
    Replies: 0