Hi Amy -
My research shows that 20690 is a subset to 25609, but that's not a CCI edit. This is an external editing system and I think it's because the procedure 25609 includes immobilization in a cast (per the Coders Desk Reference), which would make the external fixation system redundant. I think you will need to append modifier 59 to 20690 and modifier 52 to 25609 and submit the operative report. Point out that there was no cast (modifier 52 - reduced services) , but the external fixation instead. It may end up being reviewed by a Medical Director for the insurance company.
No guarantees this will work, but it's worth a try.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join