I did a CPT inquiry in my Medicare system and it is showing as type M which is not billable to an FI. However, it has an APC indicator of S which means it is separately payable under OPPS. I don't believe that there is a modifer that can be added to the code as the description itself states w/o 'interpretation and report'.
Also, you stated that they have a machine that reads/interprets the report. Per CPT Guideline, if the 'report is separate, signed, written and retrievable' then CPT 93000 can be used.
Try calling Medicare customer service. They may have to send it over to their EDI dept to review.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join