If the procedure is going to be basically the same as 21209 except that he'll be removing cartilage vs bone, then you might want to consider coding 21209-52.
Alternately, you could use the 21299 Unlisted craniofacial and maxillofacial procedure and base your pricing on 21209.
You state the excess cartilage is in the preauricular cheek region ... could it possibly be a form of otoplasty? Maybe you need the 69399 Unlisted procedure, external ear (although this will probably be viewed as cosmetic).
Just "typing out loud" ... Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join