I don't believe Adacel is a covered vaccine for Medicare even if there is an approved dx code (for Tetanus or Tetanus and Diptheria). Because Adacel (90715) includes acellular pertussis, I'm failry certain CMS does not pay for it...at least our carrier (Trailblazer) does not. They will only pay for 90703, 90714 or 90718 with an injury dx. As for the ABN, I don't believe it is necessary, but would check your carrier and the CMS websites for validation.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join