Can someone please clarify for me the correct use of modifier 57, please?
To my understanding, this modifer is only to be used for surgeries that have a 90 day global period attached--am I correct?
Can someone please refer me to a printed source that shows the correct use of this code?
One of my providers is questioning the use of this code. He thinks that it can be used if a patient comes into the office for skin tag removal or a laceration repair and I need some sort of reference to take back to him.
Can someone please give me an example of when 57 would be appended?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join