We bill for all cases cancelled after induction. I have gone through yearly external audits for over 10 years and have not had a single auditor who has had an issue with our cancelled case charges. Incidently, I do NOT bill the -52 modifier as all aspects of an anesthesia service have been performed. I do bill the appropriate V64.x code to inform the payer of the cancelled/discontinued surgical procedure.
I would be interested in seeing the Medicare policy you found stating this your case is not billable. Please attach to link.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join