I would use your established patient codes 99211-99215.. and probably bill based on time because I'm sure a majority of it is counseling.. so the provider would have to document time, and that more than half of the encounter was spent counseling/coordinating care and include the total number of minutes/hours, what have you. The description of these codes state "physicians typically spend XX minutes face-to-face with the patient and/or family" I wouldn't even attempt for the family member that phoned in... just my opinion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join