AAPC - Back to school
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worrying about CPC exam and other posts

Charleston, WV

AAPC: Back to School
    Unless the rules have changed since Novemeber 09, yes, you can have hand-written notes in the book. You can't have any loose papers. The only exception is tabs to mark pages. All of this info should be included in the instructions provided with the exam and sent to you by the proctor prior to the exam.

I agree... the practice exams are extremely helpful in preparation for the exam. I took and re-took the practice exams many times, and studied several coding books. Dedicate as much time as you can each day/night to studying and practicing... you will be well prepared. I became certified last September after taking the exam my first time.... The bad news is, I am still unemployed. In addition to being certified, I have a BA. ? ? You are fortunate to have the job already....

white plains, new york

most important thing for passing cpc exam is to manage your time ..

a. answer all the questions.

b. buy the practice exam

c. follow study guide.

d. be good at terminology and anatomy

e. read the guidelines very carefully.

i think if someone go with this rule/... he will be through easily...

I wrote down lots of stuff in my books just incase I needed them. Also, a friend (who was taken the test with me) studied all day the day before. We went over and over the study guide for the exam and over other books just to make sure we covered it all. We passed on the first try!!! Its overwhelming but try to relax!!! Good Luck!!!

Thumbs up

oh my gosh! you are so right , I know this message that you posted is old but I recently took the cpc for my second time and failed so I wanted to get feedback on best ways to study.
    I read your post , and I used the strategy that you mentioned like reading the question before the scenario, it helped me a lot. My problem is timing.I had almost two sections undone when they're was only 30mins left so I had to guess most of the 1000 and 2000 series which i scored very low on.

I also left the questions I did not not know for last and bumped across the answer in other questions on the exam just like you said.
    I love your mirror exercise, will definitely try it .
    I know that I can ace this test and I have Faith. God willing on my retake next year I will have the honor to use the credentials "cpc"after my name.

thank you for this

Default mamamacke

How many of you out there actually went to a boot camp before taking the certification exam? Do you feel it helped you? I am due for an exam 3/14 and have NEXT weekend in which to go to one...

Dover Seacoast New Hampshire

I didn't take a boot camp for my CPC, but I took a 16-week PMCC course. I had been billing/coding for about 14 years at that point.

When I sat for my CPC-H (COC, now), I purchased the study guide and also took the CPC-H boot camp. That was 7 years later.

I passed easily both times and am glad I took that extra step because I was very confident at both examinations.

Passing with a 70 is still passing....but do you have the skills to get (and keep) work as a coder? That's the six-million dollar question. Spend some time and effort on your education.
    Pam Brooks, MHA, CPC, PCS, COC
    Coding Manager
    Wentworth-Douglass Hospital
    Dover, NH 03820

If you can dream it, you can do it. Walt Disney

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123