AAPC - Back to school

Thread: billing incident to for allergy injections 95115-95117

Default billing incident to for allergy injections 95115-95117

AAPC: Back to School
    If an allergist sees a patient and sets them up for weekly allergy injections in the office. The physician's practice is a multispecialty group practice with satellite locations. For patient convenience, the patient wants to receive his injections at one of the satellite locations. Can the allergy injection be billed incident to the allergist if the allergist is not at that location? If not, and it has to be billed incident to a physician who is present at the satellite location, what are the reqirements?
    Thank you for any help!!
    Sharee Luckeydoo, CPC CPC-H

Let me make sure I understand your question......

You have multiple offices.
    The allergist orders weekly allergy injections.
    Patient has the option of going to whatever office they like.
    And you want to know who the service should be billed under - the ordering physician (allergist) or physician on site at whatever location the patient goes to?

I think I would bill it under the physician who administered the injection or the physician supervising (on site) the nurse who administers it.

Anyone else?

Yes I agree with you ARCPC9491. If they are at a different site than the one the ordering physician is at then the shot should be billed under the supervising physician at that site.
    Herbie W Lorona Jr., CPC, CPC-H

Milwaukee WI

Default Completely agree

Yes, bill under the physician who provides the service.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC