Please explain the difference among CPT codes 52647 (laser to coagulate, 52648 (laser to vaporize), 52649 (laser to enucleate). The physician documentation indicates "the holmium laser was used to ablate the prostate" and "a resectoscope was used to resect the necrotic tissue as well as some of the prostate". Then, "all of the fragements were drained out and sent to pathology". We were thinking that the best code to use in this scenario was 52648 but we weren't sure if 52649 might be better. Can you please clarify?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join