No matter how many labs are ordered/reviewed, for whatever reason/diagnosis, the provider gets credit for 1 point.
If the patient has multiple issues, this is where the "problem points"
and "risk" comes into play.
So let's just say.......
You have 2 established problems, stable/improving... DM and HTN - you get a total of "2 problem points".
For "data points" (labs) you get 1 point regardless of the number of tests.
Then, for risk - I would use "moderate" 2+ stable chronic illnesses
So then overall, your level of Medical Decision Making would be LOW
Does that make sense?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join