Our physician performed a shoulder arthroscopy, posterior inferior labral repair, and anterior inferior capsular shift. How would these be coded? We would use 29806 for the inferior labrum repair but since the capsulorrhaphy is the same code, what would we use for the labrum repair? I am finding contradicting answers to this question. Some say to use 29806 & 29807 because the physician performed two procedures, but I have a hard time understanding that because the 29807 is clearly for the superior labrum. I would appreciate any input on this. Thank you.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join