We are just about going batty over here trying to figure out exactly what can be billed under the CPT code 97530. Our therapists (PT and OT) tend to use 97110 and 97530 interchangeably, or they use 97530 for anything that may be considered an "activity" (ex: going to a movie, playing cards, etc). , seeming to be a "catch all" therapy code, that is used when it doesn't fit 97110. Is this correct?
We (billers and therapists) have very differing opinions as to how these 2 codes are used, so I am looking for easy to understand guidelines, in hopes we can get everyone on the same page.
Also (a bonus question), can you use 97110 with 97150 in the same session if there is a clear distinction in the documentation?
Thank you so much- your help is appreciated!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join