In 97110 -Therapeutic exercises -The health care provider and/or patient perform therapeutic exercises to one or more body areas to develop strength, endurance, and flexibility. Where as 97530 - Therapeutic activities -The health care provider uses dynamic therapeutic activities designed to achieve improved functional performance (e.g., lifting, pulling, bending).
Please note that both 97110 and 97530 are timed codes (billed per 15 units) and require direct face to face interaction with therapist/or healthcare provider.
True 97110 with 97150 (group therapy) can be performed during the same session if there is a clear distinction in the documentation. A modifier 59 should be appended to the column 2 code which in this case is 97110 as these two procedures are mutually exclusive. Also note that 97150 is an untimed code and can only be billed with 1 unit per session.
I hope this helps!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join