AAPC - Back to school
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Coding Edge

Question 2008 Coding Edge

AAPC: Back to School
    Ok So I got my new Coding Edge magazine in the mail for January 2008. I always do the questions at the end, because they are easy CEUs. I am stuck on question number 2) Name three CPT examples of vital organ system failure.
    Can anyone tell me what article to look under in the JAn 2008 issue to find the answer? Why am I overlooking this answer? When I read through the magazine I don't even remember it talking about this question.

Any help would be wonderful.

Milwaukee, WI

Did you ever find your answer?

nope I got frustrated and had to retire from looking at the 2008 Coding Edge. I needed to clear my mind HAHA! I still can't find the answer

Milwaukee, WI

I looked as well, and no luck on my end either. I had someone here at work look as well, and she couldn't find it either! Did you notice the blank space on top of page 22? Maybe it was suppose to be there.......

I too am having problems with this one. I thought maybe it was just me, maybe someone will help us.

North Central Florida

Question Question 2 January Coding Edge

Seems like there are lots of us looking for this answer. Two of us have read the issue from front to back two different times and can not find the answer to question #2. Anyone????????

I have read this magazine from front to back as well and have no idea where to come up with the answer either.

I think the answer is in the critical care services description in the CPT book. The first paragraph lists different organ system failures like: circulatory failure, shock and central nervous system failure. Hope this helps.

Sabrina Isola CCS-P, CPC

Good thinking girl, I am going to grab my CPT book and take a peek I figured it was in the CPT book but I have been too lazy to look

Wink Coding Edge Magazine (january-2008)question # 2

Name Three Cpt Examples Of Vital Organ System Failure.
    Hope this helps.
    1.) Central Nervous System Failure
    2.) Circulatory Failure
    3.) Shock
    4.) Renal Failure
    5.) Hepatic Failure
    6.) Metabolic Failure
    7.) Respiratory Failure
    Last edited by ESEFCIK; 01-15-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast