I may have the same type of question that you have and I've actually started a thread of my own and then saw your question: I have where the MD used an EMR template to order several lab tests but it doesn't state next to each test the diagnosis or reason for the each test -- and in his dictated assessment/plan -- he gives the list of diagnosis but does not state there that he is even ordering a test. So there isn't anything to tell me specifically which diagnosis he is ordering each test for. The patient does have payable diagnoses for the test -- so am I allowed to link them myself or is the Dr. required to state the diagnosis/reason for each test and I code from that only??
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join