Well there are a couple of things to code depending on the situation. Here are some things to point you in the right direction:
IVC filter placement procedure: 37620 and 75940
IVC venogram: 75825 (we only code this when the dictation supports a diagnostic purpose for the venogram, like looking for thrombus, assessing stenosis etc., we don't code it if the only reason is to guide filter placement)
Cath placement code: For a cath placement from the IFV to the IVC: 36010
If ultrasound was used to guide the catheter puncture and it meets the criteria in CPT you can also code a 76937.
I bet that you can find more info about these in the Interventional Radiology forum too.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Code Lookup with AAPC Coder
- Coding Data Files
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Code Converter (FREE)
- Other ICD-10 Codes / Resources
- CPT Codes
- HCPCS Codes
- E/M Analyzer (FREE)
- CPT RVU Calculator (FREE)
- Risk Adjustment Search (FREE)
- PQRS Measure Search (FREE)
- Health Plan / Provider Policy Search (FREE)
- MACRA Calculator
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join