Gastric pouch codes to: 537.1
If Blind Loop Syndrome is documented it codes to: 579.2
Blind Loop Syndrome
Postoperative blind loop syndrome
DEF: Obstruction/impaired passage in small intestine due to alternation, from strictures or surgery....
If documented as a postoperative complication, a code from there may be appropriate.
Most information that I checked indicates the gastric pouch as an unintentional creation of a pouch due to some gastric/intestinal procedure(s)...when symptomatic may be classified/documented as Blind Loop Syndrome.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join