OK...I am confused also...lol
90470 is not cpt code
RE: Immun Administration for Vaccines/Toxoids
---It doesn't matter if it is a 2nd or 3rd dose schedule it should be coded as 90471 for the 1st code done that day. then when the pt comes in to get the 2nd dose it should be coded as 90471 again and then the 3rd should also be coded as 90471.
NOW...If the pt have several vaccines on the same day then the first shot should be 90471, 2nd, 3rd and 4th should be coded as 90472x3....
Hope I didn't confuse you more.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join