i feel , what your Dr . is mentioning is the injection of the sciactic nerve ie the block of Sciatic nerve , since until if there is going to be any pathology related to the muscle , we would go for the biopsy / tissue path . Here he is injecting a steroid to the pyriformis . Pyriformis , is a small muscle , which acts as groove for the Sciatic Nerve to pass , through , for to treat , prolonged tenderness in the gluteal and radiating pain on the posterior aspect of the thigh , we usually inject the steroid to relieve the pain , i suggest to use code 64445 ...the workers comp insurance , will accept this ...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join