CPC directs us to us Critical Care codes for physician transport. At that point I believe we have to follow Critical Care guidelines and charge an E&M. However, did the physician read or assist in the patient's care before the flight, this is additional Critical Care time. There should be pre and post report delivery. Was the physician in charge of the situation and providing additional direction? Consider 99288. I'd like to see what others think.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join