Even though it looks like the doctor did a lot more than is required for the procedure itself, the way the note is documented I would only give credit for the procedure.
I am assuming the follow up was for the HTN but since it is not specified and not mentioned in the HPI at all, the only stated reason for the visit is the lesion.
I also don't like the fact that when using templated EMR you end up with things like "SKIN: no ulcerations, lesions or rashes" when he came in for a lesion.
Just my opinion,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join