OMG! I have these same problems. I constantly have try and explain the difference between a consut ansd a referral to my staff. Some people just don't get it. Here is a question I would appreciate some feedback on. Coders in our office are disagreeing about this. If the DR uses a consult code say, 99244, and we know it was not a consult but a new patient we change it. One coder believes you just cross over to a 99204. Others say you have to go up a level. Advice?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join