Are you referring to CPT 43840? There was a code years ago (I believe) for suture plication and omental patch of a perforated gastric ulcer but I can no longer find it. The only other code i saw was an add on code = 49905, where "all or part of a sheet of fat that covers the intestines is REMOVED and used to reconstruct a defect in the abdomen". Removed is the key word because I believe the omental patch of the perforated ulcer is just a rearrangement of the omentum, not removal. You may have to use the unlisted procedure code 49999 to get addt'l reimbursement if the patch added considerable difficulty and OR time to the procedure. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join