I can't say that I have ever seen a definitive time frame printed by CMS. This could become a regional issue. The physician establishes the course of treatment for a medical condition/illness for each new patient and each new problem,thereafter. The PA/NPP may bill "incident-to" for those services that have an established plan of care. Again...I'm sure there are states that have a restrictive policy on the frequency that the physician must stay involved in the patients care. My carrier does not...----->
New patient-physician establishes plan of care
New problem-physician establishes plan of care
Established patient w/established plan of care-incident to is applicable
My recommendation...check with your state to be certain.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join