CPC-A looking for employment opportunities/advise

1. Default CPC-A looking for employment opportunities/advise
    Medical Coding Books
    Good morning,

I am newly certified and looking for some feedback from other CPC/CPC-A's on your experiences when looking for your first coding jobs. I'm finding that most companies are looking for at least one year of experience. Are there any known companies that are actually willing to hire CPC-A's? Thank you!

2. Default
    Ive had a really hard time as well. The closest job I found was at UCSF Health. Its miles away but they are willing to train and a good way to gain experience.

3. Default
    Thank you!

4. Default
    I'm in the same boat. Any online positions anyone know of? I rem seeing some postings before that were looking for CPC-A's...

Thanks

5. Default Apply even if you think you arenít qualified
    I earned my certification in September 2017 on my first try.

I applied to a job pretty close to home. Went to the interviews and thought I failed miserably. Well, I didnít because I got the job. Iíve been here since March 2018.

Prior to getting my certification, I was a full time Mom for 25 years. I am also turning 50 this year. I thought I would be too inexperienced and too old to get a job. I couldnít have been more wrong. I did get the job.

So, my advice is to apply even if you donít think you qualify, apply anyway. You never know what they are looking for. Also, pass the test the first time. I told them that (although I didnít tell them it was by the skin of my teeth) and I think it helped when they made their decision.

Good luck!