Are NPs not allowed to see patients independently in your state? Or is she only credendialed as incident to your doctor?
In Michigan, as long as they are credentialed and the doctor says they are able to provide the service we can bill for those services under the NP.
I don't think you are liable for anything in this case unless you would knowingly bill these as incident to in order to get paid, which would be fraudulent billing.
Just my opinion,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join