If a comprehensive well-child check is performed, with the sports physical paperwork completed, our pediatricians & FPs use 9938x-3396x with diagnosis code V20.2. If only if a limited service is provided to evaluate the patient in order to fill out the form, then 99201-99215 with diagnosis V70.3 is billed.
NASBHC--National Assembly on School-Based Health Care--advises using
V20.2 in this way, stating that an administrative exam usually doesn't meet the criteria of a preventive medicine CPT code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join