Our practice is also affected by this payment methodology but unfortunatley, I see no way around it. 63042 has work RVU's of 18.61 63047=15.22
63047 has a payment status indicator 2. Therefore, most carriers will follow the payment policy below:
Standard payment adjustment rules for multiple procedures apply.
If a procedure is reported on the same day as another procedure with an indicator of 1, 2, for 3, you will need to rank the procedures by fee schedule (RVU's) amount and apply the appropriate reduction to the secondary codes (100%-50%-50%......)
Also...I don't see where NCCI edits bundle 63047 into 63042. I would append 51 to 63047. However, the multiple payment reduction will still apply.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join