I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sure the company's intentions were not to eventually give you mentoring and exposure in the coding field? I know some companies will have interns start off in other positions/departments and eventually work them into the desired position/department, to give them a good understanding of the billing process. I've never done the externship through the AAPC, but that has been my experience in the field.
All I can really advise is that if you're sure of the company's intentions were as you stated, then I'd definitely give feedback to the AAPC regarding that AOES. Other than that, just try to be patient and keep trying. Perseverance will prevail.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join